Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Brazen Head

by - June 25, 2013

I met up with two girlfriends of mine for dinner a couple of months ago, and we were around the Liberty Village neighborhood. Brazen Head was highly recommended by one of them, as she often frequents this pub, so we decided to grab a quick bite there. 


Honestly, I have never been too particularly fond of pubs and bars due to my low alcohol tolerance level. However, I do find pubs to be great places for socializing with friends/co-workers, and also late night bites.

Brazen Head is a traditional three-floor Irish pub with an old rustic charm. We went on a Monday night, and there were tons of people inside enjoying themselves with the comfort of friends and alcohol.

Now, many of the reviews online have been quite critical about the slow service. However, I did not encounter this issue while dining that day. Although, the place was packed and busy; I thought that our waitress was quick, accommodating, and friendly. The three of us were quickly seated, given the menus and she took our orders. The menu is standard; serving traditional Irish dishes and the usual pub fares.

I shared my love of wings in a previous pub post so it was only natural that I ordered wings. So it was just our luck that Monday is Brazen Head's wings night. Every Monday, it's 1/2 price wings with the purchase of a beverage.


We opted for 2 pounds of wings ($10.50); normally $21.00 for any other days. The two flavors that we chose was honey garlic and medium. The wings were deep fried and then coated with the flavors. I thought that the wings were good and rather flavorful.

The side of fries ($5.00) was rather disappointing; it was very dry and salty.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3.7/5
Service: 3.5/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3/5
Price: $$

Address: 165 E Liberty Street, Toronto, ON, M6K 3P6

Brazen Head on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments