Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Montecito

by - March 02, 2016

Every Sunday, Montecito offers a brunch buffet starting at 11 am to 3 pm.  Brunch isn't new at Montecito, but they recently revamped their brunch buffet, and added several new items to the menu. The 12,000-square-foot Montecito opened up its doors late 2014, and is a partnership between Hollywood director Ivan Reitman and Chef Jonathan Waxman. The intricately designed 2-floors space is very California-inspired with several Hollywood motifs throughout the restaurant including Stay Puft from Ghostbusters, and film clips from Ivan Reitman's directorial. Additionally, navigating through the different food stations was made easy as the buffet station was set in one large area. It also overlooked the open kitchen, so you can see the staff cooking away.
 
Although, the daily menu at Montecito is inspired by both owners' California roots, they are focused on using seasonal, fresh ingredients that are locally sourced from Canadian farms. The Sunday brunch buffet is $39 per person including unlimited coffee and tea, but patrons do have the option to add $5 for either a Caesar's or mimosa. Montecito's Sunday brunch buffet offers a selections of made to order omelettes, and pancakes, fresh breakfast and brunch items, an inventive carving station (not your traditional roast beef), charcuterie, assorted salad, chilled seafood, and an impressive spread of desserts. Below are some of the standout features that's offered at Montecito for their Sunday brunch buffet.
 
 Sunday Brunch @ Montecito


Salad Bar / Cold Cuts & Cheese - The spread encompasses a variety of salads, and a small selection of antipastis including my favorite - kale salad. Additionally, there was a nice selection of cured meats along with some local cheeses. 


Seafood - One of the highlights of the revamped brunch is the addition of the seafood table, which now includes freshly shucked oysters, smoked salmon, and cold crab legs. I made sure to grab a few crab legs, and oysters as I came across the table.



Salad Wrap - There was a server standing by at the carving station offering pulled pork shoulder lettuce wraps.



Brunch Essentials - Montecito also offers a few hearty morning fare like bacon, sausages, and potatoes. I would have loved if they had offered scrambled eggs as well, but they do make up for the lack of it with their freshly ordered omelettes. What I enjoyed most in this area was their succulent fried chicken, which was juicy and crispy. I liked that it wasn't breaded too thickly, and the chicken itself was moist.



Hot Entrees -  Their hot entrees selection was quite unique, as I haven't seen any other brunch serving these particular items before. The frittata is an egg-based Italian dish, and it had a nice silky texture to it. I also want to say that the polenta from Montecito was one of the best I have had, as it was perfectly smooth and creamy. Personally, I didn't have room for the meat pie, so I can't comment on its taste.



Fresh To Order - Two items that have to be ordered from the server are the pancakes (plain or chocolate chips) and omelette. Perhaps, I should have ordered more than one to make it more picturesque, but the pancake was super fluffy. 



Dessert & Pastries Table - The dessert table was located on the other side of the restaurant. I wasn't expecting much, but there was a plethora of dessert options on the other side, which I was pleasantly surprised to see. It was definitely a great end to a Sunday brunch! 



Drinks



My Plates



I had an enjoyable Sunday buffet brunch at Montecito, and I noticed that the buffet was always being replenished. I really liked the variety of food, especially the addition of the seafood table. I was too busy taking a lot of photos of the food the first time around, so I am looking forward to returning to fully enjoy my experience (sans photo taking).

$39 per adult, and $19.50 for children between the age of 6-12 (free for those five and under).

Address: 299 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1P7

Social Media


Disclaimer: The food provided in this post was complimentary. However, all of the opinions expressed in this review are of my own.

Montecito Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

comments