Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

[#bestofRitual] Meals Under $10

by - October 24, 2015

The Ritual app aims to eliminate the amount of time needed to wait in lines, and to make the overall takeout process more seamless. You can read more on my write-up on Ritual here. Food isn't necessarily cheap these days. Sometimes, it can be difficult to find a filling meal for under $10. Good thing that there's the Ritual app for that. For one week, I used the Ritual app to find myself meals under $10 in the 5 different neighborhoods that the app services.








Entertainment District @ Maki My Way (293 King St W, Toronto, ON)

The prices of the sushi here are a little expensive, since you have the option to customize your own sushi rolls. Instead of that, I opted for the price-friendly udon soup ($8.50) - served with your choice of shrimp, tempura, beef, chicken, veggie, or pork belly. The udon had a nice chewy texture, and there was a good helping of beef.


King West @ Banh Mi Boys (392 Queen St W, Toronto, ON)

I have been to Banh Mi Boys several times before, as it's very close to my yoga studio. Many of the items on their menu are under $10, so you can definitely have a full meal here for cheap. Both of the items featured in the picture are under $10 each; kimchi fries ($6.50) - crispy golden fries loaded with smokey pulled pork, spicy kimchi, green onions, and creamy mayo, and kalbi beef banh mi ($7) - baguette with mouthwatering short ribs, pickled carrots, cilantro, cucumber, spicy kimchi, and Asian BBQ sauce. This cheap meal was super satisfying! 


Liberty Village @ Booster Juice (128 Atlantic Ave #128, Toronto, ON

I wanted a quick, yet cheap lunch while hanging out in the Liberty Village Area, and came across Booster Juice. Now, it's actually more expensive when you buy the items individually, but with the combo, it came up to a mere $9.99 (before tax). I got the Pineapple Freeze (710 ml) ($5.65), and smoked BBQ steak wrap ($4.34) combo, which was more than filling as a lunch. I particularly enjoyed the pineapple drink, as it was rather refreshing on a warm day.


Discovery District @ Mean Bao (275 Dundas St W #19, Toronto, ON)

I can always count on Mean Bao for a cheap meal. They specialize in steamed baos, but they also offer dim sum, dumplings, and tofu pockets on their menu. I got two pork belly baos ($3.95 x 2) - cucumber, hoisin sauce, and they were filling.


St. Lawrence Market @ Ichiban Sushi (58 Wellington St E, Toronto, ON)

Looking through the menu, I realized that the bento boxes here were relatively higher priced compared to other sushi establishments. However, I opted for their sushi pizza ($9.95) - salmon, which was under $10. The sushi pizza was pretty good in size, and made a great quick lunch for me. 


Download Ritual / Social Media













--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The food provided in this post was subsidized by Ritual. However, all of the opinions expressed in this review are of my own.

Booster Juice Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

comments