Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Delysees

by - April 30, 2015

Delysees is a modern French bakery located on King St W. Prior to my visit, I have seen several people post pictures of their macarons online, but I never knew that it was within walking distance away. I didn't see the storefront until I walked by it; on my way to barre at Barre3. My other half, J, decided to take me to Delysees for a birthday treat, and I didn't hesitate to go. The space was rather contemporary, and clean looking with a lot of white (walls, decor, and chairs/tables).


To the right of the bakery was a long and narrow glass display case, carrying all sorts of delicious baked goods such as macarons, cheesecakes, eclairs, and croissants. I came here mainly to try out their macarons, so that was my main objective. Delysees offers an assortment of flavors of macarons, and it was rather difficult to select only 10. Each macaron is individually priced at $2.25, but you can also get 6 for $13.50, or 10 for $22. I absolutely adore the sturdiness of their box, as both the macarons, and cheesecake remained intact from the walk back. 



I opted to get the 10 macarons box for $22.00. The flavors that I got was praline crunch, red velvet, marrakesh mint tea, salted caramel, vanilla birthday cake, coconut raspberry, blueberry buttercream, roasted pistachio, strawberry cheesecake, and crème brûlée. The macarons had a slightly crunchy shell, but its generous filling was nicely chewy on the inside. 


I also got a raspberry cheesecake ($7.50), which looked rather appealing in the display case.The cheesecake was smooth in texture yet light and fluffy on the inside.




Address: 780 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1C9

Delysees Bakery on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments