Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Big Head Prawn

by - May 09, 2014

I am rarely up in Markham as it is not easily accessible by TTC, and pretty far from my house to drive. However, when I am in the area, I usually go to the restaurants around the First Markham Place area. I have been to a few good restaurants in the area, but I haven't found a good Vietnamese place yet.


Big Head Prawn is a standard Vietnamese restaurant offering the typical dishes like pho, vermicelli, rice dishes, appetizers, drinks, etc ...  They also offer daily specials for lunch between the hours of 11 am to 5 am. I believe that the specials change often, and it's between $5.99 to $6.99 per dish. They also offer a free cup of salted lemon juice, ice lemon tea or sour plum juice with each set.


 I ordered the BBQ pork, and spring roll vermicelli ($7.95). I was disappointed that the vermicelli arrived cold, and the spring roll itself was also lukewarm. The spring roll filling was rather bland, but at least the skin was crispy. Additionally, similar to the downtown restaurant, Train, the dish had a very distinct Chinese flavor to it.



I thought that the minced shrimp on sugar cane ($5.95) was pretty good, and the size wasn't bad either.

 A large size beef and beef tendon pho ($7.95).
RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 2.7/5
Service: 3.5/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3/5
Price: $

Address: 4450 Highway 7 East #3 Markham, ON L3R1L9 

Big Head Prawn on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments