Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

The Happy Hooker (Now Closed)

by - March 15, 2014

Happy Hooker; a seafood restaurant on Dundas St W, recently celebrated their one year anniversary about two weeks ago. They were serving up some weekly specials for the occasion.


Prior to their renovations earlier this year; I decided to get some takeout since I was in the area.The restaurant is situated near a 7-11 and isn't that hard to miss with their bright blue signage. Inside, the space is somewhat small with a few tables and chairs lined up against the wall. The place has an outdoorsy feel with its wooden panels, paintings, random items like a Pacman machine, and even a washroom marked "outhouse".






I love seafood, so I couldn't resist getting their lobster roll ($14.00). Although the bun wasn't very big; it was buttery and filled with a generous amount of lobster. It's great that they didn't skimp out on the lobster as there were some big chunks in there. Additionally, the toasted bun went perfectly well with the creamy mayo. I believe that this particular item is available only from Friday to Sunday. The lobster roll at The Happy Hooker is one of the better ones that the city of Toronto has to offer, and I highly recommend it.


The fries that came with the lobster roll was okay, as they weren't very crispy for my taste.

Their menu also includes other seafood offerings such as tacos, kale salad, pacific cod, and shrimp corn dogs; just to name a few. I also ended up getting both the shrimp taco ($3.50) and Cali Baja taco ($3.50) to try. Personally out of the two, I liked the shrimp taco a lot more as I found it more flavorful.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 4/5
Service: Take-out
Overall Dining Experience: 4/5
Price: $ || Online Menu
 
Address: 887 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON, M6J 2P8

Happy Hooker on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments