Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Terroni

by - August 31, 2013

A couple of months back, I had a quick dinner at Terroni as I had to attend another engagement after that. Luckily, we arrived prior to the dinner rush and got a table right away. Terroni is a popular Italian restaurant located on the busy strip of Queen St W, Toronto, ON. The dimly lit establishment had an overall warm and cozy ambiance. 


I have read a lot of negative reviews in regards to the service here as some have experienced pretentious attitudes from the servers. I actually didn't experience any of that myself as I thought our server was knowledgeable of the menu, prompt, and friendly enough. He took our orders and then we were served complimentary bread with olive oil. The basket of bread was fresh but since I am not a fan of the bitter taste of olive oil, I forgo dipping in it.

Additionally, one thing that should be noted is Terroni's well-known policy regarding no modifications or substitutions of the food. According to the policy which is clearly stated on their website and menu, "our menu is filled with regional Italian dishes that have been prepared the same way for generations. So out of respect for Italian gastronomy—and our grandparents—we maintain a no modifications, no substitutions policy."


There was going to food at the event that I was attending that night, so I just opted for the Spaghetti in Canna a Mare ($17.95) and a glass of coke ($2.00). The dish was simply presented on a white oval plate giving it a clean presentation look. The Spaghetti in Canna a Mare contained fresh clams and mussels, calamari, scallops, tiger shrimp, and mixed with a light tomato sauce. The spaghetti dish was executed nicely as the noodles weren't overcooked and the light sauce helped to enhance the flavor of the seafood.

The couple sitting next to us ordered the affitisciuta pizza (I asked them haha) and it looked really appetizing. Surely, I will be back another time to try out more items on the menu. My overall experience at Terroni was pretty good. They do offer an extensive menu of different pasta and pizza dishes so there's a good selection here.

RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 4.3/5
Service: 4/5
Overall Dining Experience: 4/5
Price: $$$ || Online Menu

Address: 720 Queen St W, Toronto, ON, M6J1E8

Terroni on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments