Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Nak Won

by - November 23, 2012

Nak Won is one of the more popular Korean restaurants on Yonge and Finch. I have been to this location about three times in the past year, and it's been busy virtually every time. One of my friends works in the area, so he and I decided to grab dinner here one night (Thursday). 

There are several reviews online that states that the service provided at Nak Won are usually minimal, poor, and rude. I do agree that the service was relatively minimal (gave us a menu, took orders, and then brought food to the table), but our waitress' attitude was pleasant. My friend and I weren't rushed to leave by the staff even after we paid our bill.


The meal started off with small dishes of complimentary bachan. One of the great things about Nak Won is that they offer a wide selection of bachan; kimchi, white radish, seaweed, glass noodles, beans, fish cakes, and bean sprouts.

Nak Won Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon


Kalbi is usually the classic staple for me; a dish that I'd have to try at least once at every Korean restaurant that I eat at. Looking through their menu, I opted for the LA Kalbi Jungsik (seasoned marinated, and BBQ beef short ribs served on a hot plate with rice) ($12.99). I thought that the dish was mediocre and that many of the pieces contained a lot of fat which I did not like at all. Instead of being savory and tender; the LA kalbi lacked major flavor.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3.4/5
Service: 3.6/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3.4/5
Price: $ || Online Menu

Address: 5594 Yonge St. North York, On M2N 5S2

Nak Won Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments