Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Mengrai Thai

by - September 23, 2012

If you are looking for good Thai food in downtown Toronto, then look no further ... I'd definitely would recommend Mengrai Thai. It is among one of my favorite Thai restaurants in the GTA. 


I ordered the prix fixe menu ($35.00), which included an appetizer platter (mango salad, the taro yam roll, the shrimp triangle wrapper, and the crisp dumpling), a second course, an entrée (main meal) and dessert. I think this is one of the better choices, as you get value for the dollar.


I thought the soup in the pineapple was an innovative idea and it looked pleasantly appetizing. However, I was not too fond of the soup base as I thought that the taste of the pineapple was relatively overpowering.

One particular dish that I usually order would be the chicken and shrimp pad thai ($13.00). I do like the execution of this dish as it is both flavorful, and perfectly spicy. Additionally, the chef is not skimpy on the amounts of chicken and shrimp.


The atmosphere of the restaurant itself was a very intimate and private one; as there are spaces in between tables. Mengrai Thai is also decorated with intricate Thai decorations, which adds to the cultural appeals of the restaurant.

In regards to the service, I have always had a pleasant experience; whether it's dining in or take-out. The staff here are always very helpful and nice.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food 4.4/5
Service: 4.2/5
Overall Dining Experience: 4.2/5
Price: $$$

Address: 82 Ontario St, Toronto, ON M5A 2V3

Mengrai Gourmet Thai on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments