Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

VIP Vietnamese Cuisine

by - August 23, 2012

VIP Vietnamese Cuisine is a Vietnamese restaurant located in the plaza of First Markham Place in Markham, ON. It should be noted that VIP Vietnamese Cuisine is Chinese owned and a majority of their customers are predominately Chinese so the menus are printed in English and Cantonese. If you are looking for authentic Vietnamese food, then this is not the place for it. 

The menu does offer an extensive list of dishes ranging from soup, rice, meat and noodles. I ordered an appetizer, drink and a main noodle dish as my meal.


The durian milk shake ($4.00) was horrible and tasteless. I took two sips and couldn't finish the rest of the drink. The drink was completely watered down; to the point of where I could barely taste the flavor of the durian. It was a complete waste but I honestly couldn't finish it.


I also ordered spring rolls ($5.00) as an appetizer, and it came with two pieces. The size of the spring rolls was average, and it tasted okay despite being a little burnt. 


My boyfriend ordered the medium beef pho ($6.00). I had a little taste of the pho and it lacked a lot of flavor. Although there was a decent amount of beef and tripe in the soup. 


I ordered the vermicelli with pork chop and chicken ($7.95) as my main dish. I thought that the portion was generous as there was a lot of meat. The pork chop and chicken were both decently grilled but the noodles were too hard that it just ruined the entire dish.

VIP Vietnamese Cuisine appears to be family oriented as many of the tables were large in size (fits about 4-6 people). The restaurant was decent in size and it had good lighting. Although, I did not like the food as much; I thought that the service was pretty decent as our waiter was attentive and not pushy.

RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 2.6/5
Service: 3.5/5
Dining Experience: 2.9/5
Price: $

Address 3229 Hwy-7, Markham, ON, L3R3P3

V.I.P. Vietnamese Restaurant  on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments